The Club, in its quest in fulfilling its core objectives of uplifting the tenets of taxation, has achieved the following milestones:
1. Emerging as tax debate champions of the National Tax Debate held at the University of Lagos, 2018.
2. Organization of the student-driven mentorship session tagged “Tax Minds with Taiwo Oyedele”, where tax enthusiasts were coached by West Africa Tax Leader and Partner at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC) on the contemporary developments in the taxation industry in Nigeria and Africa held in January, 2020
3. Organization of the mentoring session tagged “Tax Mentoring in New Dimensions” in active collaboration with the tax giant, EY in July, 2018
4. Organization of capacity building sessions, such as the Corporate Workshop and scheduled Tax Forums aimed at orientating the populace on basic concepts of taxation, tax implementation, corporate branding and professional development.
5. In active partnership with the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service, the Club feautured in reputable radio station in the Ilorin metropolis, namely Sobi FM and Royal FM, to educate individuals on tax education via the mass media.
7. Organization of first class and top notch National Tax Colloquiums in the University of Ilorin campus, thereby attracting reputable institutions and tax professionals in participating in its tax panels and tax debate sessions. The Colloquiums also delivered and sensitized wide audiences on the merits of taxation in revenue derivation.
8. The Club also drafted and forwarded its Tax recommendations to the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service on improving the mechanisms of taxation in Kwara State for implementation. These recommendations largely influenced the drive of the KW-IRS in promoting tourism in the state towards revenue derivation and economic development.
9. The Club has also attained honours in tax advocacy in Nigeria by emerging the 1st Runner Up in the Youth Tax Summit held in October, 2018 organized by the University of Lagos Tax Club.
10. Breeding budding tax professionals with rich experience in tax laws and revenue studies, who has interned, interns or works with tax giants like EY, PWC, Delloite and Templars
11. Organization of the revolutionary and course-changing “Tax Walk”, where members of the Club take to the streets to sentsitize and educate the citizenry on tax education and the merit of paying taxes towards economic growth, sustainability and development.